Truth About Applying For Jobs Online

I felt it was worth addressing asap.
Are these postings on Monster and Career Builder for real?" Well, yes and no.
I can only assume based on my many years in this industry.
I was the type of recruiter that filled 90% of jobs without using a job board.
Well, it's because the posting is the plan B.
Think about it for a few minutes.
I'll explain the "Hot Sheet" in a second, don't worry.
It works out for the recruiter / HR Manager because you don't have to start from scratch when you need to give a hiring manager more resumes.
It's updated daily because the candidates are "Hot" and get jobs quickly.
How do you get on someone's "Hot Sheet"? I'll have to explain that in a separate article.


Think about your odds here.
Your odds of getting a job from an online job posting are almost the same as checking the help wanted ads in your local newspaper.


Time is not your friend when you are unemployed.
My advice is do not spend more than 1 hour a day applying to jobs online.
If you do continue to apply online tailor your resume to highlight your qualifications for the position you are applying for.
A lot of time the resumes go to the HR dept and they don't always have the insight the hiring manager does and your resume has to make it through an HR manager that is "matching" key words and skills from the job description to your resume before the hiring manager ever sees it.
I'll explain that in another article too.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment