Home Based Business Success - A Lot Harder Than You Might Think

If you've been working at getting your home based business up and running but haven't had much success...read on please.

I want to share an experience I have had in getting my own business started. First and foremost, it is a lot more difficult than I was led to believe or could have imagined, however I ma determined to make a success of my business for one good reason - I don't have much of a choice. You see, times are tough and if you are not in a full time job, then the chances of landing something that pays well and is interesting is extremely limited. People are getting a lot more demanding during the initial recruitment process and it is making finding that job even more challenging. So I see running my own, home based internet marketing business as the perfect solution to being unemployed. The criteria for employment is set by me and as long as I make some money I won't have to work for someone else ever again.

When I first started internet marketing I was interested in affilliate marketing - it seemed perfect - I had no product and no website - so selling something else seemed ideal. Then I realised that I needed to build a subscriber list in order to promote my affilliate products properly - so affilliate marketing stopped and list building started. But how was I going to build my list? I had no money so I started using the free traffic generation methods - blogging, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and anything else I could come across was what I did. Article marketing formed a part of that too and I made sure all the different channels were linked into each other. But Oh My God - does that ever take time. Just be prepared - it takems along time to build your list that way.

Then MLM came onto my radar - I thought it would be simple and pay me well - I was mistaken on the first part and yet to see on the second - but again, be warned - successful MLM takes a lot of time to establish as a good source of regular income.

Next came the "Business in a box" - which was a form of affilliate marketing, network MLM and plain old List building. I learned that there are some very good products and people out there...and there are some real conmen (and women) so beware. A couple of very good businesses are Stone Evans Plug In Profits

No comments:

Post a Comment